Diverse source interviews by Nicole Fletcher and Neil Manning
Emails: nrf14@txstate.edu, n_m221@txstate.edu
Race/ Ethnicity: Anglo
Gender: Female
Age: 21
Major: Psychology
What is DACA? “It’s
basically for children who came to America to have time to work and be a normal
American citizen.”
How do you feel about it? “Yeah I think it’s a good think just because there’s
already so many undocumented kids regardless, we might as well try and get as
many of them documented and working. It’s stupid that people think that its
taking away jobs from Americans.”
How have you been affected by DACA? “Being a middle class white female that doesn’t really
affect me. I’ve seen a lot on it in the news and I’m sure it affects kids in
high school. I think since I’m older it doesn’t affect anyone I personally
know.”
If you were in charge how would you fix DACA? “If I were in charge I would try against ending it
just because I think it was a really good thing. People in charge are always
talking about how they care about the future of America and its children and so
I think DACA is showing that they do care about the future of America. I feel
like the kids in that program end up becoming normal hard working citizens
because they were given every opportunity. I don’t think they should be sent
back to their countries.”
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Major: Construction science
How do you feel about it? “DACA is a reason to have less jobs, yet immigrants won’t
have the same opportunity anyway. It gives immigrants opportunity that some Americans
don’t even want. The Americans that work hard and pay taxes for immigrants to
just get without working like us Americans worked for.”
How have you been affected by DACA? “I personally haven’t been but my future kids might
be.”
If you were in charge how would you fix
DACA? “I’m not sure but it appears detrimental
to our work force so maybe we should make it harder for them and only allow people
who have like a skill already.”
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Major: Geography
What is DACA? "It's a program that allows the children of undocumented immigrants who are currently living here to be recognized as pretty much citizens:
How do you feel about it? "I feel it's a good program, I don't see anything wrong with it."
Why do you feel that way? "I feel the children have no blame to be held. Them being sent back to country they never lived in isn't fair."
How have you been affected by DACA? "I have a friend who is living in Chicago under the DACA program."
If you were in charge how would you fix DACA? "Getting a quicker more efficient system setup that way the can apply. Applying to be a legal resident takes a long time with wait listing. I don't know if there is something we can do."
4. Cain Hernandez
How do you feel about it? "I think it is a good program, I am definitely all about helping people, but I they need to get it all organized"
Why do you feel that way? "I don't think the children should be punished for things they didn't do. They're just trying to live their lives and get through school."
How have you been affected by DACA? "I haven't personally been affected by DACA or know of anyone who is affected.
If you were in charge how would you fix DACA? "I would fix it by organizing the whole system and finding a way to get the kids protected and safe from having to face any trouble. They are just children who shouldn't be put in this position."




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.