By: Fouad Ali and Atkyn Garza
faa21@txstate.edu and a_g744@txstate.edu

Luis Castillo-Sireo
Age: 22
Major: Marketing
Class: Senior
Hometown:Caracas, Venezuela
1. What is DACA?
"DACA is this law that is trying to protect children that come to this country illegally, without any papers, but have been here pretty much their whole lives."
2. How do you Feel about it?
"Honestly, I think it's good because if they've been here their whole lives why are you going to send them to a place they never really been. That's not their home anymore, this is their home and it's kind of unfair. What's the difference to someone born here with papers to someone raised here with the same values and environment. I think it's wrong and I think DACA is positive."
3. How has it affected you?
"I'm an immigrate; however, I wasn't raised here, but I can relate. I understand why people want to be here. I've been here and accepted America's values. Some times it's hard because it conflicts with my other values, but I came here for the same opportunities and dreams that America holds just like everybody else. So, why do you want to send me back? I deserve a chance too."
4. Why do you think DACA is a thing?
"I've seen in the news that there are students who have worked really hard and became top of their class, but are illegal. Some people saw this as unfair saying, 'oh, they don't deserve their scholarships' and 'they don't deserve to be here.' Other people probably thought that they worked hard and have been here their whole lives so why not let them stay."
5. If you could change anything about it what would it be?
"I wouldn't change anything about DACA, but I would like to see Americans becoming more accepting toward the idea. It's not going to change much. These people work hard for this country and more people seeing that is something I want to see change."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.