Luis Parra
Age: 21
Major: Performance and Production
Year: Senior
1) What is DACA?
"DACA is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and it basically allows children of immigrants who came here before I believe the age of 18 to stay in the United States and obtain a work permit and a licence and be able to get an education."
2) How do you feel about DACA?
"I don't think it's enough. Honestly, I think it's a start, but these people don't deserve to be punished for things that they had absolutely no part in. They had no choice in committing this crime."
3) Why do you feel that way?
"I believe it's a helpful program don't get me wrong I just believe that it's just not enough. That we need to be focused on helping these people in the biggest way possible."
4) How have you been affected by DACA?
"I haven't been affected personally, but these people are part of our culture and have fully integrated with us and they just need to be granted residency and citizenship legally."
5) If you were in charge, how would you fix DACA?
"I would make it more of a path to citizenship rather than a temporary solution."
Lacey Bridges
Age: 21
Major: Studio Art- Drawing
Year: Junior
1) What is DACA?
"DACA is basically where Obama let kids under the age of 18 stay in America if they were brought here illegally."
2) How do you feel about DACA?
"I'm for and against it. I'm okay if they had to come here, but I want them to get their citizenship. It will help them too in the long run."
3) Why do you feel this way about DACA?
"America has been to liberal about letting people come and stay, in other countries they don't play that."
4) How has DACA affected you?
"DACA has effected people I know like professors, and some friends."
5) If you were in charge how would you fix DACA?
"I would try to make it easier for them to get their green card and citizenship instead of making it a huge process. Just make it simple."
Shelby Saefke:
Age: 22
Major: Criminal Justice
Year: Senior
1. What is DACA?
“It stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals”
2. How do you feel about it?
“ I think it’s a really good idea and opportunity for people affected. It’s definitely a big decision and an issue in our country that needs to be addressed.”
3. Why do you feel this way?
“ There are tons of illegal immigrants that are trying their best to find jobs and get educated. But, they are illegal so it raises questions on what should be done. I think DACA could be a good compromise”
4. How have you been affected?
“ I haven’t been personally effected, but it’s something that affects our entire country and state.”
5. If you were in charge, how would you fix DACA?
“That’s a really tough question. I guess if it was that easy then we would already have a solution. No matter what, not everyone will agree on it. ”
Jesse Pena
Age: 23
Major: Business
Year: Senior
1. What is DACA?
“It’s an act that allows illegal immigrants
that were born in the U.S. as minors to avoid being deported for 2 years while
they’re in school or working.”
. 2. How do you feel about it?
"I 100% support it and think we should do
more for our immigrants.”
3. Why do you feel this way?
“ I think it’s sad that there are so many
people here trying to live better lives, and our country turns them away.
Especially for the minors who have spent their entire lives here, which DACA
would applies to. There are requirements in order to keep them on the right
track, so I don’t see what the issue is."
4. How have you been effected by DACA?
“I’ve had to watch a lot of my friends and
some of my own family members struggle with facing deportation if DACA is not
approved. It’s really sad and scary and right now they’re kind of just
waiting.”
5. If you were in charge, how would you fix DACA?
“I think I would just approve it. I don’t see
any problems with it. Really I feel like the only reason it hasn’t gone through
is political beliefs, which isn’t a big enough reason to me.”




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.