Colton Henderson
cth49@txstate.edu
1.
Are you aware of football players kneeling
during the national anthem?
“Yes.”
2. Describe why players are kneeling.
“Colin Kaepernick
sparked the movement of many football players to kneel during the national
anthem. They are angry and upset that our country is allowing police brutality
in our country.”
3. How do you feel about the approach Colin Kaepernick took?
“I don’t find
anything wrong with Kaepernick’s approach. He’s utilizing his platform to
peacefully protest for what he believes in.”
4. How do you feel about the NFL’s response?
“The NFL’s response to this act was to fine NFL teams if
they further continued to kneel. I find that to not be the greatest solution
because that still doesn’t solve the issue our country is facing.”
5.
How would you handle the situation?
“The problem itself isn’t
Kaepernick and other players kneeling. It’s the fact that there still isn’t
anything being done to put an end to the brutality of black people in America.
Until something is done about it, I would further continue to allow these
players to kneel or stand or do as they choose, despite what others may
think/feel.”
1.
Are you aware of football players kneeling
during the national anthem?
“Yes.”
2.
Describe why players are kneeling.
“I think players are
kneeling because there is an unfair justice system in this country.”
3.
How do you feel about the approach Colin Kaepernick
took?
“I feel like it was an awesome thing to do, to use his
platform to protest that way, it also shows that he is not afraid of the
consequences that came out of his actions in the remainder of his career.”
4. How do you feel about the NFL’s response?
“I think their response is not well thought through. I think
it is not inclusive because of course they are going to take the side of the
owners, since they’re going to be bringing in the money for the company, but
although they will lose sponsors, that will open doors for new ones.”
5.
How would you handle the situation?
“If I was an owner, I would gladly
allow my players to protest in any way, as long as it’s peaceful. Since it’s
not chaotic and he’s not blatantly disrespecting anyone, I think it’s okay. I
would love for my players let their voices be heard, and their actions speak
louder than their words.”


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.