Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Students Discuss National Anthem Protest Issue


By: Robin Skistimas
r_s510@txstate.edu


Emily Miller is a fashion major from Houston Texas.

1. What do you know about the Colin Kaepernick situation?
"That he took a knee for basic human rights."

2. How do you feel about the issue? 
"I agree with him kneeling."

3. How do you feel about the approach that the players took by kneeling?
"The players kneeling doesn't bother me, I understand why they were."

4. How do you feel about the NFL's response?
"I don't believe kicking him out was the correct way to deal with the issue"

5. How would you handle the situation?
"I would let Kaepernick back in the NFL."




Miles Whetstone is a Business major and is from Houston Texas.

1. What do you know about the Colin Kaepernick situation?
"He was kneeling against police brutality.."

2. How do you feel about the issue? 
"I don't understand how it's an issue, I agree with him taaking a knee during the National Anthem.."

3. How do you feel about the approach that the players took by kneeling?
"I think it was a respectful way to quietly protest."

4. How do you feel about the NFL's response?
"I think it's wrong and the NFL owes Kaepernick an apology."

5. How would you handle the situation?
"I personally think that the NFL needs to take action and apologize."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.