coy1@txstate.edu
Zoe Ashton,20, is a sophomore bachelor of fine arts in theatre with teaching certification EC-12 major from Austin, Texas.
1. Do you know about the Colin Kaepernik NFL issue?
" Yes."
2. Describe what happened with this issue.
"In response to all of the racial injustice and police brutality in America, Kaepernik responded by kneeling during the National Anthem in order to call attention to this problem we have in America today."
3.How do you feel about the approach he (Colin Kaepernik) took?
"I don't see why there is a problem with it. I thought what he did was respectful to the cause that he was addressing in his action while also not doing something quote-unquote anti-American."
4. How do you feel about the NFL's response?
"Bullshit. They basically fired him which makes me mad."
5. How would you handle this situation?
"I would have been supportive of his decision and I wouldn't have let it affect the game or his career."
Deja Rudd, 22, is a junior business administration with a concentration in human resources major from Houston, Texas.
1. Do you know the Colin Kaepernik NFL issue?
"Yes."
2. Describe what happened with the issue.
"There was a lot of police brutality going on and he decided to use his platform and kneel during his game during the National Anthem. He didn't feel like he should stand up for a country that supports police brutality."
3. How do you feel about the approach he (Colin Kaepernik) took?
"Since it was something new, I feel like it was the best was to use your platform at the time. He didn't know it was going to become illegal and he was doing what he thought was best to get his message across."
4. How do you feel about the NFL's response?
"Since he was under contract I don't think they can just terminate him. Their response was wrong, what he did had nothing to do with the NFL or footfall so they shouldn't have gotten involved."
5. How would you handle this situation?
"I would have done the same thing. Jehova witnesses don't even pledge to the flag."


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.