Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Melanie Liddle is an academic advisor for the honors college at Texas State University.

Q1.     Are you aware of the issue?
“I believe so, it’s been going on a while as far as I know. He was fired I believe and since has gone on to still protest injustice.”
Q2.     Describe why players are kneeling?
“I’m assuming players agree with (Colin) that there are still injustices in society that need to be addressed and that’s them (exercising) their freedom of speech, to bring up that subject on the game field.”
Q3.     How do you feel about the approach Colin took?
“I think it’s perfectly fine. Baseball players in the past kneeled for the same sort of civil rights issues. It’s not new. It’s his right. People argue the other way. If he’s got a venue to make a point go ahead.”
Q4.     How do you feel about the NFL’s response?
“I’m not real happy with that. The way I understand it anyway. It’s corporate.”
Q5.     How would you handle the situation?
“Gee I don’t know. He’s making Nike ads now so he’s doing alright. I don’t see another way. It makes people uncomfortable but sometimes you have to make people uncomfortable for change to happen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.