Richard Chae is 30 year old senior at Texas State University majoring in exercise sports science. He is an US army vet.
Q1. Are you aware of the issue?
“I’m aware of the situation, I don’t know the updated version of it.”
Q2. Describe why players are kneeling?
“Colin Kaepernick started to sit down for the nation anthem. A veteran came up to him and (said) it’s more respectful that you kneel, (after) finding out why he was (sitting ). Out of respect for the veteran. This is what I read. (Colin) acknowledged it, and he started to kneel. From there, he started protesting the whole cops and killings of minorities.”
Q3. How do you feel about the approach Colin took?
“As a public figure, there might have been better ways. But at the same time, there might have not been better ways. Being in the spotlight, he did bring it to the nation’s attention what was going on.”
Q4. How do you feel about the NFL’s response?
“Personally, as a vet, I see both sides. After reading all this stuff, what Colin did is in his rights. At the same time, I see why there is so much animosity towards him. The NFL’s approach to it was more monetary based. Being monetary based isn’t really a good way to (go) about it.”
Q5. How would you handle the situation?
“I heard what one owner did and I respect the way went about it. If you want to protest, do it on your own time because essentially an owner is paying their paycheck, and if the owner doesn’t see fit to pay him because of that, then that’s the owners decision.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.