This blog is produced by students in Prof. Krantz's Writing for the Mass Media class at Texas State University.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Kneeling In The NFL
Veronica Flores- sophomore, College Station Tx
Question 1: Do you Kneel for The National Anthem?
"I've never kneeled for a national anthem."
Question 2: Why do you believe Colin Kaepernick kneeled during The National Anthem?
"He's kneeling to say that the words in the national anthem aren't true." Flores said that Kaepernick couldn't kneel for a song that did defend groups such as the "Black Live's Matter Movement".
Question 3: How do you feel about Kaepernick's actions regarding The National Anthem?
" I agree with him and what he's doing but all the stuff going on with his Nike ad and people burning things is stupid."
Question 4: How do you feel about the NFL's response to Kaepernick's actions?
"I feel like they should respect his message like he's trying to do something and he's using his position to do so. "
Colton Mullins, sophomore, Bryan TX
Question 1: Do you kneel for The National Anthem?
"I don't kneel and I don't think I would. I have people in the military but I see other peoples view so I'm not going to bash them for kneeling but I'm also not going to kneel myself."
Question 2: Why do you believe Colin Kaepernick kneeled during The National Anthem?
"They're just standing up for injustices. Minorities in America are not treated as equals. Their using their platform to bring to attention all the stuff that's going on."
Question 3: How do you feel about Kaepernick's actions regarding The National Anthem?
"I agree with it honestly. He knew that voices would be heard or actions would be seen because it was on T.V and he has a platform himself and other people started following him."
Question 4: How do you feel about the NFL's response to Kaepernick's actions?
" I don't agree with it because he's just standing up for something that he believe's in and that's freedom of speech."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.